But more than the prize being offered, online gamers are interested on the title for each competition. Almost every aspect of human interest turned out to be very accessible. Today these games are primarily electronic and cover a diversity of imaginary contexts that the modern computers try to recreate as a form of virtual reality.
- Guessing games
- Role-playing games (RPG) – These types of games can be played either in electronic format such as on a computer or video game console, some of them even being online like World of Warcraft, or they can be played as a tabletop game like White Wolf or Shadowrun. Even with the numerous online games available, offline gaming is still going to exist and probably preferred by some.
There are a number of popular games for offline gaming as:
- Pencil and paper games. Furthermore, there are times when people would simply want to relax and play a game without having to deal with the other players. And for these reasons, this is where offline gaming comes into play. Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Attested as early as 2600 BC, games are a universal part of human experience and present in all cultures.” (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game)
- Sports â here is a list with the most popular sports games: Football, Soccer, Baseball, BasketBall, Hockey, Rugby, Volleyball, Pool Games, Water Games, Cricket, Boxing, Wrestling, Golf, Shooting, Horse Racing, Car Games, Driving Games, Cycling, Bowling, Dodge ball Games, Fishing , Hunting, Ice Skating, Olympics Games, Parking Games, Skateboard, Snowboarding, Surfing Games, Winter Games.
To play online, you must register first to be qualified and enjoy the benefits of various online gamers club. The thought of outwitting their counterparts is what drives any online gamer to succeed. Additionally, games for offline gaming are either skill-based or story-based, with the former as the more difficult as it needs your experience and skillfulness in order to play and finish the game.
One reason why online gaming is such a major success is because of the competition being held on a particular game every now and then in which fabulous prizes are at stake. They are really popular in both real and online world.
- Board games: Monopoly, Go, Scrabble, Chess, The Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Maharaja, Backgammon, Taj Mahal, Mine a million, Torres, Lost Cities , Speachless, Logo board games, Masterpiece, Buzzle, Highlanders, History of the World, The Game of Life, Dominion, LifeStyle The Financial Planning Game
The Sims 3
Need for Speed: Shift
The Orange Box
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
These games are available online and the best part of it is that you can now play with people from all over the world. While games for offline gaming are still available and loved by some people, the majority already prefers the online games at present.
There are many different types of games. Here, online gamers met and have formed virtual camaraderie through the game preferences they had.
- Dice games: Backgammon , Dice Chess, Ship, Captain, and Crew (or Six Five Four), Shoot the Moons, Strat-O-Matic
- Video games
Gambling involves activities like casinos, sports books, poker, video poker, craps, black jack, roulette, slot machines, lottery and skill games â just to name a few. That is why more and more IT experts are religiously developing new games or simply improving the current prevailing games since there is a huge public clamor for such.
Information technology has certainly made a big impact to humankind. By the year 1990, its popularity has hit the highest point, but eventually dropped since the market did not expand quickly as what was expected. As a member, you may avail of discounts on games for sale, get the freebies given to its member, and the opportunity to meet and play with other online games enthusiasts worldwide. Some are old games that are just modified to fit with the modern times while some are totally new. From simple to complex, intellectual to sports related and the highly dynamic violent games, name it and you have a long list of choices.
These games require a PC or laptop, but an Internet connection is not needed. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role. One significant development has something to do with the way games are being played. Knowing the trend in online gaming, it is expected that there’s more to come in the future that’s completely exciting. Time, distance and nationality are defied in the so-called growing cyber world that gathers online gamers. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. In the case of The Sims 3, it can be played either in a computer or PS3 console. Watch out for that.
- Card games: Poker, Baccarat, Canasta – to name just the most popular and well known
- Simulation â Games of this type are extensions of childhood games where children pretend being in adult roles such as doctor, parent or fireman. In addition, such games are fairly simple to finish off, so gamers are not at all pressured to play for more hours.
Offline gaming began in the year 1970. These games involve taking on the role of a character in the game and controlling the choices of the character while working with their strengths and weaknesses.
“A game is a structured activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. It has gained its popularity which led to the existence of arcades. But for you to fully appreciate online gaming, you should be aware of the technical aspects to secure a spot in what they call the elite circle of online gamers.
- Tabletop games
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Â© 2001-2010 (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game)
With offline gaming, the usual games could last around 20 to 100 game play hours. A lot of games are now being introduced to the public. The classification made by Wikipedia goes like this:
- Domino and tile games
Are you interested in playing games or in gambling? In real world, offline or online?
- Business games
- Dexterity/coordination games
Offline gaming is a cool way to fill in time and enjoy, especially when you cannot go online